About our PTSA
The PTSA is an organization dedicated to making a difference in the education, health, and safety of all our students. Last year, the PTSA awarded $2,500 in scholarships, and $2,700 in grants to teachers and to clubs. We participated in the Virginia PTA Reflections program that encourages students to explore the arts by recognizing their artistic efforts. With a focus on the safety of graduating seniors, we sponsored Gradfest, an overnight graduation party chaperoned by parents. We attended sporting events, selling PA Spirit wear, cheering on our Cavs!This year we ask you to "Be the One" to help us meet our commitment to students. Your contributions, through membership, and donations of your time, talents, and resources, are essential.
PTSA meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 6:30 in the Media Center, and are open to everyone to attend.The next meeting will be on September 12.
Purposes of PTA/PTSA
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school and community.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
Financial support comes through participation in the CAV Fund, our Stress-Free Fundraiser, and in AmazonSmile. The CAV Fund allows you to directly donate to the PTSA. Unlike product sales of the past, 100% of the proceeds benefit your PTSA. A new fund-raiser is AmazonSmile. When making purchases on Amazon.com, Amazon contributes 0.5% of your purchases to the PTSA if you purchase through AmazonSmile. http://smile.amazon.com/ch/54-1599811.
The PTSA continues to focus on communications through increased accessibility. You can contact us by email at email@example.com, follow us on Facebook at Princess Anne HS PTSA, and on Twitter, @cavalier_ptsa.
Attention Graduating Seniors! You are invited to Princess Anne HIgh School's all night graduation celebration on June 16th from 10:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
COST: Ticket prices are just $60.00 through February 28th. On March 1st, the price goes up to $70.00.
PLACE: Lynnhaven AMF Bowling Center located at 2601 Lishelle Pl, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
SCHEDULE: Arrive at Lynnhaven AMF Bowling Center, between 10:30 & 11pm on Friday – do not arrive before 10:30pm.
Check-in starts at 10:30 pm. Proceed to the registration check-in desk, with Photo ID. Once issued a wristband, the senior is directed to board a bus for the ride to the Spirit of Norfolk dock at Waterside. Following the midnight cruise, graduates are directed to board the same bus for the return trip to Lynnhaven Bowling Center. The party continues with bowling, unlimited gaming, more food, music, dancing, and prizes until 5:30am.
The rules for this celebration are simple:
- It is understood that VA Beach City Schools Code of Conduct must be followed at all time during this event, even if the student is 18 years old.
- NO alcohol, drugs or cigarettes are permitted. Intoxicated persons will be subject to governing laws.
Celebration begins at 10:30 pm and ends at 5:30 am at the Lynnhaven Bowling Center. Students must arrive before 11:00 pm to be admitted!
- Only June graduating seniors from Princess Anne will be admitted. No dates.
- Students may leave early after their parents are contacted for approval and pick-up arrangements are confirmed.
- All belongings, including purses and backpacks are the responsibility of the students, and are subject to searches by the Grad Fest committee and police. Do not leave anything you may need in your car, because you will not be allowed to return to your car upon returning from the Spirit of Norfolk.
- Dress is dressy casual clothes. Ladies bring comfortable shoes for dancing. Bare feet are not allowed.
- You must stay until 5:00 am to be eligible for prizes.
- Everything is included in the admission ticket. No food or drinks are allowed on buses. Complimentary food and drinks will be served on the boat and at the Bowling Center.
- The Parental Authorization/Acknowledgement of Risk form must be returned prior to Friday, June 16th.
NO WALKUP TICKETS WILL BE SOLD!
What to Bring:
- Photo ID - Required (A drivers license is ideal - school ID is not)
- Camera, Yearbook, and Happy Thoughts
The theme for the 2016-2017 Reflections contest is "What is Your Story?" Students are encouraged to create theme-based artwork in dance choreography, film production, literature, musical composition, photography and visual arts, both 2D and 3D artworks. Entries from all grades and abilities are welcome. Please contact Ms. Porter and Ms. Ludford in the Media Center for details. An application and rules for submission may be found at http://www.vapta.org/arts-and-education/reflections.html as well as in your first day packets.
2016-2017 PTSA Board
The PA PTSA Nominating Committee presents the following slate of officers for the 2016-17 School Year. Elections will be held on May 26, 2016 at the next General Membership Meeting.
Grace Carlson – President
Liz Tuck – 1st VP of Programs
Ross Hampton – 2nd VP of Membership
Susan Hampton – Secretary
Chairmaine Rochester – Treasurer
|1st Vice President||Liz Tuck|
|2nd Vice President||Ross Hampton|
|Grants||Jennifer Snyder/Liz Tuck|
|Teacher Rep||Beth Camper|
|Volunteer In Education||Lizzie Martingayle|
- September 12, 6:30, Media Center - PTSA Meeting,
- November 3, 2016, deadline for Reflections Submission.
PTSA is on Facebook – Please LIKE the page to keep up with PTSA news and events! http://www.facebook.com/PAHSPTSA. Thanks to all of our fabulous Facebook fans to date.
Membership is open to anyone who believes in the National PTA Mission and Purpose. The PTA is committed to being inclusive in its efforts to represent and assist all who nurture and educate children. Every person who joins a local PTA automatically becomes a member of both the state and national PTA. Each of the more than 388,000 members in 1200 local units of the Virginia PTA has an opportunity to help direct and formulate PTA efforts and direction. Part of your membership fee stays within the Princess Anne High School PTSA, part is used at the Virginia PTA level and part goes to the National PTA level. It's worth it! Join today.
Please click here for more information about discounts available to PTSA members